Saturday, December 12, 2009

This Man...

This man . . . is one of a kind.

This man . . . is a risk taker.

This man . . . is genuine and full of passion.

This man . . . is intelligent and thoughtful.

This man . . . is an innovative problem solver.


This man . . . is goofy and full of life.

This man . . . is a faithful worker and provider.


This man . . . is a father full of love for his child.
This man . . . is gentle, yet so bold.

This man . . . is full of grace and quick to extend it.

This man . . . is a warrior.



My sweetheart, my companion . . .

. . . my love!


As we celebrate our second anniversary (a few days late), all of the reasons I chose to marry this man come to mind. We jumped into marriage, knowing full well the challenges we would face, the sorrow and joy that would come, and the maturity that would be required to do it well.

And . . . we are learning.

We are learning through slow, difficult lessons that prove themselves to bring about the destruction of our pride and selfishness. As Paul wrote in Romans, 'I do the things I hate and do not do the things I should', so it is with me. Oh how I wish I would not be bull-headed and stubborn, showing through my words and attitudes disrespect and distrust. Oh how I wish I could say "I forgive" and truly forget the transgression in my heart. Oh how I wish I could give up my selfishness for the sake of our marriage. Oh how I wish I was not the "quarrelsome and fretful wife" when I allow control to compensate for my insecurities. Oh how I wish my salvation would be brought to completion to avoid the pain and the heartache I cause. Oh! how I wish . . .

But . . . we are learning through the joyful moments as well!

One thing I do know is that God is so much bigger than our marriage, our sin and the pain that it causes. I do know that there is forgiveness through Christ who died for our selfishness and pride. And for that, I AM THANKFUL!

I am thankful for this man who will stand beside me through my insecurities, pain, pride and selfishness... through my ugly sin. I am thankful for this man that faithfully goes to work each day knowing that the burden is on his shoulders alone. I am thankful for this man who chooses each day to work on our marriage and do his best to love me "as Christ loves the church" and to love our son with his whole heart. I am thankful for this man whom I deeply love!

Thank you to our parents for raising us in the knowledge of Christ and the discipline and love of a healthy marriage relationship. We are so blessed to have parents who are still together!!

THANK YOU, LORD!, for your MaNy blessings! May YOU be honored and glorified today!


[Note: Photo by Suzie Bauman @ lifeartphotots.blogspot.com. Thanks Suzie!]

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary you TWO! :) What a joy you and your relationship are to us... love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your new background, love this post, love you guys! fun to spend the day with you :)

    ReplyDelete